Health Promotion Clinics
Held on a daily basis
Well Woman, Family Planning, Cervical Smears
We provide a full and confidential Family Planning Service, which includes:
- Contraceptive/Emergency Pill
- Coil Fitting
- Cervical Smears
- Counselling for sterilisation and vasectomy
Patients will be seen by appointment during the surgery hours.
It is the policy of the practice to actively recall women for cervical smears every three years between the ages of 20 and 65 years.
All abnormal smear results will be dealt with immediately and the patient will be notified.
We will undertake:
- Ante-natal/Post-natal checks
- Child Health Surveillance
- Contraceptive Services - coil fitting, pill prescribing
- Minor surgery - as and when necessary
Minor Surgical Procedures
Conducted in Jacksdale Medical Centre by appointment only.
District Nursing Service
We have a team of district nurses who visit patients in their own homes and care for the sick in the community.
Sister Helen Evans Ante/post natal Thursday 9.30 am- 11.00 am